Grindr is one of the oldest online dating apps that currently has over 30 million members.
The app has a free version, but you can’t do much with it apart from creating a profile and checking out other users. To contact other members you have to sign up for a paid subscription.
If Grindr is not the right matchmaking tool for you, we will help you cancel your account quickly.
Grindr works both as a website and a multi-platform app, so there are several ways to cancel your account. Here are some of the possibilities: website, Google Play Store, Amazon, Apple App Store.
Canceling Your Grindr Subscription on the Website
If you paid for your subscription directly on the Grindr website, you have to use the same path to cancel it. You can do this from your PC or mobile device.
Here is how:
1. Go to the Grindr website
2. Click the Log In button in the top right corner
3. Click on your Grindr display name
4. Pick Account Settings from the drop-down menu
5. Click on the Subscription option from the left side menu
6. Click Cancel My Subscription
7. Follow the steps to complete the process
Canceling Your Grindr Subscription on the Google Play Store
Cancellation of the Grindr Android app has to go through the Play Store.
Follow these steps:
1. Open the Google Play Store
2. Tap the three horizontal lines to access Menu
3. Select Subscriptions
4. Tap Grindr
5. Tap Cancel Subscription
6. Follow the instructions to finish canceling your subscription
Canceling Your Grindr Subscription on the App Store
If you signed up for Grindr on the App Store or iTunes, you have to use the same method to cancel it.
Get your iPhone and follow these steps to cancel:
1.Tap on Settings
2. Tap on iTunes and App Store
3. Tap your Apple ID
4. Choose View Apple ID
5. Scroll down until you find the Subscription option and select it
6. Find your Grindr Subscription
7. Tap Cancel Subscription
8. Tap Confirm
Canceling Your Grindr Subscription on Amazon
If you purchased your Grindr subscription through Amazon and want to cancel it, you have to turn off the automatic renewal in your Amazon account. You can do this by accessing the Amazon website or one of your Amazon apps.
Here is how to turn off Grindr auto-renewal via a web browser.
1. Go to the Amazon website
2. Click the Sign in button in the top right corner
3. Select Your Apps and Devices from the Your Account menu
4. Click on the Your Subscriptions option
5. Find Grindr in the list of your current subscriptions
6.Turn off auto-renewal
If you are using an Amazon device, you need to access the My Subscription feature. Once you do that, you can cancel your Grindr subscription.
Does the Grindr Subscription Renew Automatically?
This depends on the payment method selected during your purchase. If you pay with a credit or debit card, or through a third-party website, the subscription will renew automatically.
What Happens if I Cancel Grindr in the Middle of the Subscription Term?
Grindr doesn’t offer any refunds if you cancel before your subscription term ends. You can still use your account and the cancellation will become effective when the current billing period expires.
Can I Pause My Grindr Subscription?
You can temporarily hide your profile, but your subscription will remain active.
If you decide to pause your account:
1. Your profile won’t be shown to other Grindr members
2. You will retain your connections, and message history
3. You won’t receive messages, emails, or notifications
4. You will still be charged for your subscription
How To Get a Refund from Grindr After Cancellation Of Subscription?
According to their policy, Grindr does not offer refunds for any purchases. In short, all purchases are non-refundable on Grindr dating app. At the time of cancelation of your account, it must know that this includes Grindr coins and subscriptions that you haven’t used up.
If you have a paid subscription on Grindr app and now want to cancel it, then you should do it before the next date of renewal. Even, you will not get any refund for your subscription, if you have used it partially.