Hi guy, if have an account on GroupMe and you want to learn how to delete your GroupMe account permanently on both the website and the app, these simple hack will help you to get it done immediately. Actually to deactivate the account sometimes proves to be difficult if you follow a wrong guide or step. It can be frustrating especially when you no longer need their services.
GroupMe is a free group messaging app. It’s a simple way to stay in touch with friends and family. GroupMe works on Windows, Android, iOS, and the Web, so you can stay in touch on the go.
However, before you proceed to delete your GroupMeaccount you should know that once you deactivate it all your data will be removed from the website? So I suggest you look deeply into your reasons before you continue to apply the guides on this post. Although you have limited time to reactivate the app if eventually, you changed your mind.
How to Delete GroupMe Account on the Website with a PC
- To delete the account, go to the main site at https://groupme.com/en-US/.
- Sign to the account you want to cancel with the email address you used during registration and the login password.
- Click on the Settings icon, it is located on the top right side of the page
Select “Account” and click on it.
- Click on the “Deactivate Account” option
- GroupMe would like to know why you want to delete your account, give your reason and click “Deactivate Account”
How to Delete the GroupMe Account on the App Using Android & iPhone
- To delete GroupMe open the app and log in if you are not logged in.
- Scroll to Settings on the page.
- Click on Delete Account and follow the prompts.
- Once you are done, you can remove the app from your Android or iPhone device.
Every time you login into a new app using Facebook, that app becomes linked to your account and your personal information potentially becomes available to third-party companies. If you linked your GroupMe app to your Facebook account, you can easily delete it, but it can be tedious as you have to delete it on both a mobile device or a computer.
In addition to GroupMe any app you don’t use you should delete it from your Facebook account, both to keep your info private and to simply clear clutter that can slow down your computer or phone.
Deleting the Account on Your Facebook Account
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click on the small arrow icon on top of the page. It is after the quick help icon.
- Navigate down and select Settings from the drop-down menu
- Once you click on Settings, scroll down and click on Apps.
- Navigate on the list and click on GroupMe.
- Click on the “X” button.
- Then click on “Remove”.
Yeah, from there you will stop chatting and receiving messages from GroupMe and other members. In our next topic, we shall be teaching you how to reactivate your GroupMe old account if you decided to use the platform again.