AOL password forgotten issues like settings on other webmail service providers may get the users locked out at any time. Sometimes it’s the users that will decide to update the log in detail. Changing your passwords to something strong and unique on a regular basis is a major component of staying safe online. AOL has its own unique methods of updating login credentials; it may not be easy if you don’t know the right thing to do. Hence, today, I’m going to teach you how to manage your password.
It has been severely said that changing the password for your AOL Mail accounts is the best way to secure your account and protect it from fraudulent activities of hackers.
Users have numerous reasons to change their AOL email account login password. You may have noticed a sign that your account has been under threat. You may want to update it to something stronger and more difficult to infer by another, or you may just want the Mail password to be something you can easily remember.
However, there is a difference between changing your AOL Mail password and AOL password reset. You can change your password only if you remember your current password, while if you forgot your password or unable to sign in to your account, you have to reset the password from the Forgot password link on the sign-in page. It is a way to recover your account.
How to Change AOL Password on Any Device
- You will always start from the homepage of the AOL website, so go to the website and sign in to your account with your username and password. Navigate to your account profile section.
- Confirm that the Manage Your Account category is open.
- You will be prompted to answer your Security Question.
- This helps the AOL mail website to confirm that you are the true owner of the account. In the answer section, type in the answer, making sure it’s correct and related to the account in question. If you have forgotten the answer you can choose another option to change the password.
- Once you verify the AOL account ownership the page redirects you to where you will change the password, click Change Password section in the Account Security part located on the top-right corner of that page.
- Then, enter your Old Password first, and after enter your New Password. You should know what good a strong password idea is. Make it strong and difficult for another person to guess by using a combination of words, numbers, and letters. Your password should be strong with at least ten characters. To complete the change of your AOL account password click on the Save button.
RELATED POST: How to Change Facebook Page Username: 4 Methods
These are the steps it takes to change the AOL password for your email account. Where you have forgotten your password and wish to recover it, you can by following the instructions below learn how to reset AOL password.
How to Reset AOL Email Password
- Go to the official website of AOL email using your browser.
- On the homepage, you have to choose the option of login/sign in.
- As the sign-in page finishes opening, enter the AOL email ID/Username.
- Once you are done entering the User ID, click on the option of ‘Forgot Password.’
- Again you have to enter the User ID.
- Then, select the desired password recovery option.
- You may choose to enter the mobile number which is associated with the AOL email account or enter an alternative email.
- After this, you would receive a code to reset the password on the registered phone number.
You would now have to enter the code to reset the password of your email account.
- After this, once you get here. Follow the onscreen instruction
- Lastly, you would have to re-confirm the password that you would like set for your AOL mail account.
That is it for now on how to change and reset AOL Email account password. The same steps apply to computers and mobile devices.